Scotia is currently looking to hire a developer:
Job Description – Software Developer
Working with the Founder / Lead Developer, the Software Developer will work on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack.
About Scotia Software
At Scotia Software we create business management solutions. We have developed powerful POS systems that are integrated into a back end that is: comprehensive, stable, modular, fully-integrated, and readily customized. We build tools that help our customers run their businesses more effectively.
Our company is built around excellent products and devotion to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate can contribute to Scotia’s success in the following areas:
- Develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Support the deployment of releases.
- Assist in the migration of desktop based technologies to web based.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Providing support to business users.
Desired Skills & Experience
Fundamental design and coding skills.
Strong desire to learn.
Understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
Preferred Competency Requirements
Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using C#.
Understanding of relational database design and querying concepts.
Knowledge of client/server application development.
Knowledge of unit testing theory.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org